There is a lot of misunderstanding about binary options. The fact that this is a fairly new instrument is partly to blame. For example, not many know that it is not illegal for people to trade through online binary options platforms like Secured Options. If you are interested to know more, here’s a little history of binary options:
• Trading in binary options began in 2008 when the US Securities and Exchange Commission approved the recommendations of the Options Clearing Committee that wanted binary options to be upgraded as a financial instrument.
• This was around the time when investors around the world were looking for a low-risk investment option. They were reeling under the subprime mortgage crisis that rocked the US economy.
• Initially, trading was limited to only one option, viz. the call option.
• Also, traders looking to buy binary options on CBOE had to purchase contracts on the S&P 500 index.
• Today, traders are allowed to choose assets and trade options. Technology has also allowed them to trade through their smartphones.
• They get to choose the strike price, expiration period, and more.
• The educational material available on the internet ensures that they do not lose out on critical information and have the necessary tools to manage binary trading.
Looking for information about binary trading? Contact Secured Options. We’ll help you…